Monday, October 29, 2012

what i have been doing since matt left: day 1 & 2

DAY ONE: It wasn't a whole day, but it still counts right :) I saw this idea, making ghosts by painting the bottom of ones foot them stepping on top of paper or in my case a scrap of fabric, on pinterest so I won't take all the credit if you think it was a stroke of genius. Jacob and Robin enjoyed having their feet painted so much that they made me do it too, one foot at a time. When there were enough footprints they decided to use the rest of the paint from the plate to mark up the fabric. In the places that they got a little over zealous I had to clean up the floor because the paint had soaked through the fabric....oops!

 DAY TWO: We started our day with a trip to Walmart for some toy isle wanderings. Once in a while it is nice to get out of the house even if it is only to walk around a store.

Next we blew up some balloons and made balloons swords. There ensued a battle which I think I won because mine was the last balloon to pop. I think we got some cheap balloons because they pop really easily, sometimes when no one is touching them.
 Our last activity for the day was to make a half batch of sugar cookies and we had to settle for circles since we don't own any cookie cutters besides a heart. Jacob and Robin enjoyed eating some dough while we waited for the cookies to bake in the oven, which I think was their favorite part. They frosted and sprinkled, while Laura whined on the floor, as if they were looking forward to eating their creations. Once all the cookies were decorated they abandoned them for me to put away...at least they enjoyed some part of them.



 This photo is to show you the difference between a cookie I frosted (right) and one that Robin handled (left)
Robin happily posed to take a bite of her cookie, but after the first bite she spit out the cookie then commenced to lick the frosting partially off before leaving the table. Sorry for the mostly naked children, we had just taken baths and I was hesitant to dress them if they were only going to cover themselves in frosting.

1 comment: