Monday, November 18, 2013

Catch Up

Let me see...what have we been up to lately? Of course, school started! Jacob started Kindergarten in August. He loves going to school and really likes his teacher, me too. On the second day of school I walked Jacob to school because I thought he got lost the first day. I left the house early so he could have plenty of time to get there, then I found out that before class starts the kids are allowed to play on the playground (duh). Now we walk almost everyday and all three kids go because they can play on the slides and in the sand. 
As a reward for good behavior I started bribing Jacob with trips to stores so he could look at toys and generally just get out of the house. On our trip to Toys R Us the kids had the opportunity to try out the cars. I got a few really cute pictures (like the one above) of the kids trying out a few. The bribing is going well, but it has escalated from just visiting stores to me buying something for Jacob which in turn means something for everyone. Jamba Juice, donuts, $1 toy, etc
During Conference weekend we camped out in the backyard. We bought this tent for Matt's birthday in January and forgot to test it out before it got miserably hot outside, so now that the weather cooled off I thought it would be fun to use it. Jacob and Robin were so sad when I declared the tent had to come down. Mommy didn't get the best sleeping position and I really wanted to sleep in my own bed again.
And the most resent happenings were a couple of birthdays. Robin turned 4 and Laura 2! They are getting so big, which I only can tell because people keep having babies and they are so tiny. Laura is just starting to trust people other than Mommy and Daddy. It is so cute to see he play with other kids and to snuggle up with relatives. Laura is also developing quite the attitude, usually just a playful thing but there are times that she will throw stuff because she didn't get her chocolate milk (this morning, nearly broke on of my drinking cups). Robin is talking a mile a minute and constantly has something she wants to "ask" you, which means something to tell/tattle. Anything that Jacob can do Robin wants to do too and lots of time she does it better. The latest thing that they do is see who can finish first, which is so stupid because we almost never start eating food at the same time or someone gets seconds.



No comments:

Post a Comment